Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kalob's Birthday!

Kalob just turned 9 on Friday, April 24th! I took a homemade cookie cake that he had requested to school for his b-day treat. Then he had his best friend Luke come home with us after school. They did their favorite thing, play ball in the backyard. Then we went to the Pinewood derby where he won some awards. The fact that his bff, his grandpa and the rest of his family were there was really exciting for him. Doing well at the Pinewood Derby seriously made his day! After the derby we ordered pizza. Then Eric took Kalob and Luke to the church to play basketball against a few friends. The next day we went to one of his favorite restaurants, Red Robin. His grandpa Pruett and aunt Brittny came with. He got 3 gold dollar coins from grandpa which he thought was the coolest thing.
The family at Red Robbin. I was a little quick to snap the photo, but I couldn't stand trying to get everyone to look (I've been a bit impatient and irritable lately).

Kalob & aunt Brittny

We had them sing to him at Red Robbin. He was so embarrassed, but loved the ice cream!

Yummy Ice cream sundae!





3 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

What a Happy Birthday indeed! I miss your whole family and wished we saw each other more. But I am SOOO SOOO glad that you are blogging now so that we can keep in touch better. Your kids are growing up so quickly. It's crazy!
-Jessica

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

I love love Red Robin's steak fries!! I now live right across the street from Red Robin and Crispy Cream... Anyway congradulations on your beautiful baby! I saw pics on the family website. You need to do a post! I am sure you are just trying to get some sleep but I will look forward to seeing one! Hope your feeling well!

Jeanine said...

I am so excited to find your blog! Happy Birthday Kalob!