Saturday, April 18, 2009

More April events

Event #3...

Easter 2006


Easter 2007


EASTER
We had done our egg coloring and candy egg hunt on Saturday, the day before, so that we could keep Sunday a more reverent day to focus more on Christ. This was something I had done growing up and had grown to appreciate. I'm determined to keep it as a tradition in my little family. I'm so sad cause I didn't even take a single picture of any of it! We did take some movies thanks to Eric remembering. I've been so bad about taking pictures and movies the past couple of years, so hopefully blogging will help me get better at it. Here's some pictures that my friend, Lanae, took of our kids last year though. They were so cute and I never even really shared them with anyone, so I'm going to take the opportunity right now.



Easter Sunday started off quite nicely. The kids were all waking up in good helpful moods. Beau had been practicing his talk with Eric for like an hour and had a lot of it memorized so that he could say it on his own. He was excited about doing it and so were we cause he sounded so cute while he was practicing. When it came time to go to primary he seemed a bit tired, but he didn't really say anything about it. He had been up the night before tossing and turning ALL night long in our bed! And Thursday night he had a small fever and finally told me (after having to ask him several times if anything was wrong) that his throat was hurting. Anyway, since I'm in the primary I happened to be sitting right behind him and noticed his head fall slowly to the side. He had totally fallen asleep. Suddenly his head jerked up and the startled look on his face almost made me cry. I was so glad I was there to comfort him. He just looked so disoriented. I had him come sit next to me and lay his head down. He was back out in a split second. He pretty much stayed asleep for the next 7 hours! My parents and Eric were starting to get worried about him (I wasn't too worried for some reason ??), so we finally got him to wake up by telling him he could drive the car if he got up. I've never seen any of my kids wake up so fast. He literally popped off the couch and said, "let's go"! Before that we had tried EVERYTHING to get him to wake up. We were bribing him with cinnamon rolls and all kinds of treats, but to no avail. His eyes would pry open and shut the next instant. It was really sad looking. He looked like how I imagine I probably looked at the beginning of this pregnancy. Anyway, he seemed fine after that though. All in all it was a nice day. We ate dinner at my parents house with them and my sister, Brittny. Then later had our "scripture egg hunt" which the kids seemed to enjoy (surprisingly even though there was no candy involved). We started a little tradition back in 2003 taking a casual family picture (nothing fancy), but I was so tired that day that I blew it off. I'm already kind of regretting it. Oh well. I feel like a slacker this year with holidays! Since we didn't take one this year I thought I'd post some previous years. It was pretty funny to see how we've all changed over the last few years.


Easter 2003


Easter 2004


Easter 2005


Easter 2006


Easter 2007


Easter 2008 (no pic either)
Guess I was a slacker last year too!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute- you're family is adorable! I can't wait to see your new little girl! Wow, that was some really blonde hair you had in '04! :)

Monson Family said...

Love the old pictures! So fun!!! Those easter pictures were TWO years ago. I know, hard to believe!!! You have such a cute family!!

Sheila said...

You're right Lanae, it was 2 years ago. You can tell by looking at our 2007 family picture too. The kids are wearing the same outfits. Sometimes I think this pregnancy is sucking the brain cells right out of me!